Re: ZS carb choke parts needed

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: ZS carb choke parts needed
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:32:08 +800
Hi Reid,

Being a tad on the purist side, I really fought the good fight to return my
waterchoke to an operating component.  I ordered almost all the new parts
available
for it, received lots of wonderful information and tips from many on this list
(Thanks again all!), and . . . went down in flames. I suspect the problem lies
in the cylinder assembly off to the side - the one they caution you about
disassembling,
and for which I couldn't locate parts anyway.  The end result was instant
flooding.
 One lister provided my ultimate solution, which was to cut a metal plate out
of  pop can and place it between the choke and carb, shutting off the choke.
 The result is a car that is a little harder to start, but not too bad, and
a water choke that looks completely stock from the outside (the hoses even heat
up and everything!) And, I hope the car may even do a bit better in emission
tests now.

Cheers,

Neil