Re: new mg

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new mg
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:21:22 EDT
This may have been said, but there are a whole lot of MG responses in my
mailbox and I've only gotten through about 70%. As far as I know, the MGF is
not in the US because MG is owned by BMW, and BMW is not keen on any
competition for its Z3 roadster. Supposedly, the MGF would be cheaper and is
mid-engined, which is cool, not to mention that it is a whole lot better
looking than the Z3. However, the MGF replacement, the MGH (no MGG) will
share a platform with the Z3, and will be marketed in the US. The story
behind the Lotus is that they are barely meeting demand in Europe right now,
and Lotus could not meet the demand which would arise in the US. It would be
required that they increase production and dedicate engineering expertise to
the project of making the Elise legal in the US. I did see one in the paddock
at the Lime Rock Historic races this year over memorial day weekend. These
are all things I have read in my many, many car magazines.