Lack of Power

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Lack of Power
From: DWARE@uk.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 09:45:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm sorry to admit it but I'm a lurker. I've been sitting watching the list
for a while,
taking in all the excellent information that is generously given. Well, I'm
now
calling on your help, I have a problem.

My Spit starts fine from cold in the mornings, just a little choke needed
but for
the first couple of miles of running I have the problem that whenever I put
my
foot down to accelerate from idling (e.g. when pulling out of junctions) I
get
nothing and can only slowly move off, then in a couple of seconds the
_power_
kicks in and everything is okay again. Once the car has warmed up a little
everything seems fine. This can obviously be quite worrying when you are
pulling out across a busy road with cars coming at you from all directions.

My Spit is a 1977 1500, UK spec with twin SU carbs. It has the Waxstat
(sp?)
jets, I've heard that these can cause problems, could they be the culprits?
I've adjusted the mixture and balancing and I believe those to be okay.

Any advice will be gratefully received,

David Ware