Re: Big old radiator in 1500?

To: Carsten.Weber@dbsoft.exactsoftware.com
Subject: Re: Big old radiator in 1500?
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:02:20 -0400
Carsten.Weber@dbsoft.exactsoftware.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does it make sense to install the wide version radiator
> (for Mk1 + 2) in a 1500?
>
> TIA, Carsten

Depends. Which year 1500 are you referring too? Early 1500s
had a small radiator, later ones went to a larger one. The
change was made in 1976 if I recall correctly. I've got the
larger one in my '73, and it finally keeps its cool at higher
air temperatures. I think that the early rads are a little
smaller than the later ones. The radiators changed again in
'79 when they reclined them.

Cheers,

--
Doug Mitchell