Re: interior colors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: interior colors
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:12:26 -0100
At 10:18 20-05-1999 -0400, Atwell Haines wrote:

>My '79 is original.  Console (radio support) and knee pads, plus the
>carpets, are black.
>
>The rest is tan.    Trim code is C74.

C74 is the post 1976 code for "beige & white". I presume the beading is white.
RAC was "black & white", AAA was plain beige and PAA was plain black.

In Europe, I have never seen other *original* carpet colours than black.
Many cars have been refitted with beige/brown/tan/technicolor carpets, though.

>The original 79 sales brochure shows 'em that way too. I can scan you a
>piccy off-list if you want.

No need. Go to http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/spit/brochures.html - there's
a late Spitfire colour brochure there.

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green

My Spitfire and Triumph Spitfire brochures:

        http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/spit/spit.html