Re: Gearbox questions

To: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Gearbox questions
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:07:59 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Dean Dashwood wrote:
> any input from the list as to how easy/difficult it is to do, bearing in
> mind that I'm not a mechanic but I'm quite happy to get my hands dirty.
I've had Spit transmissions off for clutch jobs.  It's not difficult to
pull them off, but it is a pain to put them back on.  A bit of grunting
and cursing and they do slide back in perfectly.  I'd say go for it, as
longer as you're not also trying to repair the gearbox itself as well(Farm
that work out).

Andy L.
'70 Spit