Seat fabric treatment?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat fabric treatment?
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:56:32 -0500

Hello,

Well my new seat foams and covers are installed. Yayyyy!!!! They look
great. Now, how do I keep them that way?

My car is a '78 and the covers have the black/white houndstooth center
panel. I want to help this fabric stay bright white despite all the wear
and tear it will have to endure.

Has anyone ever used fabric treatment like Scotchguard on this material? I
am less worried about spills than I am about everyday dirt getting ground
in and turning this bright, clean fabric dull brown. Any thoughts are
appreciated. Thanks!

Eric.

-----
Eric Yates