Re: Seat fabric treatment?

To: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat fabric treatment?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:09:20 -0400
At 09:56 AM 6/17/99 -0500, Eric A. Yates wrote:

>Well my new seat foams and covers are installed. Yayyyy!!!! They look
>great. Now, how do I keep them that way?

Lock the car in a dark garage with the top up!

>Has anyone ever used fabric treatment like Scotchguard on this material? I
>am less worried about spills than I am about everyday dirt getting ground
>in and turning this bright, clean fabric dull brown. Any thoughts are
>appreciated. Thanks!

Eric,

After I had new fabric sections sewn into my seats, I Scotchgarded them.
I'm sure that won't help with sun-fading, but I feel better with protection
from errant raindrops.

I've had daily drivers where I've cleaned and re-treated the fabric once
every  year or two, and the seats still looked factory-fresh after 12 years.

Atwell Haines
Succasunna, NJ USA