RE: Found One!!

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Found One!!
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

first i want to say, what a weekend!  HOT and sunny and humid!
i don't know how you guys in the southern states can handle it.
i drove my spitfire all weekend again (about 300 miles total)
and i don't know how i stood it yesterday without passing out.
the temp reached 95° and about 90%+ humidity.  it felt like the
sun was cooking my skin right off my body.  but i have to say
that the spit held it's heat pretty good.  my temp gage never
got above 185° and not once did it complain about being driven
hard despite the heat.
also, the oil cooler i installed a couple weeks ago seems to be
doing it's job.  a few weeks ago, right before i decided i
needed it, we had some hot weather as well and it really took a
toll on the oil.  the heat would thin the oil right out and the
pressure would get uncomfortably low.  but yesterday, it stayed
right up where it should have been (according to the haynes
manual).

ok, now i want to say that if anyone wants to see the
modifications i've done to my spit, i am taking some pictures
and hope to get them scaned onto a disk to get put on the web.
however, i don't have a web site and don't fully understand the
logistics of making one.  would anyone out there care to post
them for me when i get them?  i'll also give a short description
of each one to help tell what your seeing.  i would appreciate
it, and i'm hope it would give some of you out there a little
inspiration as to what you might be able to do to your spitfire.
 if anyone could be helpful, let me know.  thanks.

===
nikolai jaremka
72 spitfire mkIV
east aurora, new york