RE: Spits in England (was Re: Plastic Mirror mount)

To: "'Simmons, Reid W'" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Spits in England (was Re: Plastic Mirror mount)
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:38:28 +0100

> (actually,
> I believe the Hawker Hurricane shot down more German planes than the
> Spitfire).

Strangely enough (going off topic a bit now), though the Hurricane accounted
for more German Aircraft shot down, more German Pilots claimed to have been
shot down by Spitfires, even when there is evidence that they were actually
shot down by a Hurricane! Seems there was a certain level of chic to being
shot down by a sexy aircraft......

> Of course for those Brits that agree with me this IS NOT an
> invitation for
> you to start "scarfing up" Spitfires in the US and shipping
> them back to the
> UK! :)

That's OK, I only want a bare bodyshell for my MkIII.....

        Bill Davies.

                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup