Re: Cylinder Head Interchangeability

To: Cwn74@aol.com, PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil, susan@bearcom.com,
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Interchangeability
From: PBowen9685@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:38:19 EDT
Woow, slow down there Clark.  The shims are a very tried and true method. I
know three racers, one professional and more machine shops than I can count
that highly recommend this as a good fix.  The geometry change that you are
affecting is minimal at best and not necessarily a bad thing.  While I do not
claim to be a star engine builder, I do know a few that are I would not
easily lay the claim they were passing bad info.  For a street car that is
not having pushrods changed every week, I would be extremely hesitant to
place stock pushrods into a head that has been cut as severe as yours has,
That in itself will mess up your valve geometry.  The only way to keep that
100% the same is properly cut pushrods.  Not in my budget, but those $2 shims
sure are.  Don't rely on only one source for your info, otherwise you are
making uninformed statements, and providing the list with some very terrible
info.

Patrick Bowen
on his high horse and waiting to be knocked off.