Re: Type D overdrive question

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Subject: Re: Type D overdrive question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 11:46:53 -0700
Paul,
I know there were some late 3-Rail Trannies that had the J-Type OD , but
I don't know if there were any of the Single rails that had the D-Type.
Your best bet might be to get a 3-rail and start there.

Good luck and let me know if you are able to mount the D-type to a
Single rail.

Regards,
Joe

"Mostrom, Paul" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have located a type 'D' overdrive unit for sale (at a real reasonable price)
> and was wondering what I would need to do to install it into my '77 1500.  I
> know that installing an OD in a non-OD car requires shortening the driveshaft,
> changing the rear mount and replacing the transmission output shaft, but is
> the transmission in my '77 compatible with the older type 'D' unit?  Are there
> other things I should be concerned about?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Mostrom
> '77 Spitfire 1500
> > '80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)
> >

> 'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer