Re:Reaction times

To: Laura.G@141.com, pabowen@mediaone.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Reaction times
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:14:48 EST
Nothing beats your God-given reaction time.
In high school I had a 53 Chevy 235 inline 6 that could ALWAYS beat my rich
friends' Buick Wildcat, brand new Toronado, Mustang, Barracuda
(Ba-ba-ra-ra-cu-cu-da-da), Falcon, Valiant, or Impala SS for the first 100
feet.  Actually it could beat the Falcon and Valiant for the first 1000
miles.  That dear old 53 cost all of $35 plus $15 for a new tranny (I needed
the tranny when I bet the Toronado $20 I could beat his front wheel drive
with my front wheel drive-I beat him off the line driving in reverse and tore
the all the brass bushings in the tranny to pieces).  I came out $5 ahead,
but had to install the new transmission.
Bill Brockschmidt
73 Spit OD
63 Spit soon to be OD
65 S-type Jaguar