RE: R/R rusted floorpans

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: R/R rusted floorpans
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:06:28 -0800
Jeff;

I plan to do my own bodywork and preparation for painting because I know I
can do it better than most body shops.  This is not a difficult task but it
does take a lot of time and patience to do it properly.  Never rush the job.
Preparation and bodywork are generally a large portion of the cost of having
a professional do it because it does involve a lot of time and time is
money.  So if you have the time and patience but not an unlimited budget by
all means do it yourself.  As for the application of the paint I leave that
to the pros because they have all the right equipment and I know they can do
a better job than I can.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)