Re: Dual 1.25" dual SU carbs

To: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dual 1.25" dual SU carbs
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:45:04 -0000

Hi listers,
If I am not  mistaken the only engine in the Sprite/Midget range the same as
a Triumph
is the 1500 (they used the Triumph engine). Whether the cars will fit who
knows?
I can say that either the twin HS2's or HS4's will fit all but the siamese
port heads.
I ran a 1300 Toledo on twin HS4's needled and jetted (completely
rebuilt/rebushed)
for the 1500 engine and when tested for the MOT the emissions were so low
that I
had to richen it up to 2.5%. I drive my cars hard* and the performance went
up
( lots more tourque too) and so did the economy, also had Jtype o/d single
rail box
(same as late Spit) with facility for use in second gear! If any one wants
the
diagram for the cam to operate the switch to allow 2o/d I will send it.
*nickname by work colegues "valvebounce"

Valvebounce. (Graham)