Re: Dual 1.25" dual SU carbs

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: Re: Dual 1.25" dual SU carbs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:37:44 -0700
Terry,
I am not quite sure that I completely understand the question.  But
based on what I "think" you asked, here goes:

If the manifold is for a 1275 Spridget, it will not fit on any
Spitfire.  Only the 1500 engine was used on Midgets (never on Sprites)
and only later in the Midget production.  The manifold on the Midget
1500 is different as well owing to the differences in the space under
the respective bonnets.

The Manifolds on all 1296 and 1500 Spitfire engines will interchange so
retrofitting any 1500 manifold is possible on any Mk3 or Mk4 engine.
The reverse is also true.  I have a pair of HS2 carbs from a Mk3 on my
1500 engine.

I hope this is the information you requested.

Regards,
Joe

"Terry L. Thompson" wrote:

> Speaking of ebay items, there's a 1.25" dual SU carb set-up
> (1275cc?) with heat shield for a sprite/midget.
>
> I know the heads of some of the spridgets is/are the same as
> for the Spitfire.
> Will those work for someone's older spit?
>
> No financial or other interest.
>
> -Terry L. Thompson
> '76 Spit 1500
> Maryland