Re: Can I afford a bead blaster?

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Can I afford a bead blaster?
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:03:32 PST

Jeff:

Anyone with a Spitfire in restoration cannot afford NOT to have a "media"
blaster.  Unless someone else has other thoughts on the subject there is
really no difference in the basic make-up of a sand or bead blaster.  I
believe it's just the tips of the actual blasting tool that might differ.
Bead blasting should produce a little less dust than sand or garnet.

I bought a benchtop blaster at my local discount tool outlet for about
$149.00  It included several tips, the inside hose, light fixture, etc.  I
only had to buy a separate connector for the compressor hose.  The exhaust
outlet hooks up to the shop vac to catch the dust  It'd be a great addition
to your tool collection.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500