Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:52:00 -0800
Has anybody used one of these (Walker Mufflers "Dynomax series" Super
Turbo) on their TR's, specifically, but not limited to the 6 cylinder TR's?
 I am considering replacing the Stock TR6 muffler that I have installed on
the V6 Spitfire with one of these.  I was hoping to replace it with a big
bore 2" TR6 Stainless Steel one, but all of the inquires to find out more
about these systems has been fruitless.  I only want the rear silencer, not
the complete system as the rest of the pipes are fine.  I would use one of
these if they were truly free flowing versions of the TR6 box in stainless
steel, not just a copy of the stock version in SS.
Anyway, If you have, used a Dynomax version (not just any generic "turbo"
muffler) I would like your comments.  Was it noisier than a stock unit, and
if so by how much.  I don't mind a SLIGHT increase over the stock muffler,
but a noticeable one would be objectionable especially at cruise (around
2700 RPM) -  This is after all a daily driver.  The one I am thinking of
using is for a Chevy Celebrity Ciera (similar displacement V6) that uses a
2-/14" inlet, with twin 2" outlets and I would mount it transverse just as
the current one is.  Otherwise their universal series should work, but they
don't have the dual outlet version in a size I could use under there so it
wouldn't look quite as nice.
Thanks. . .

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)