Re: rear drum dilemma - assistance requested

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear drum dilemma - assistance requested
From: "Bob Norway" <thexaminer@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:24:31 GMT
Jeff,
Sounds as if your drum is rusted/frozen onto the axle hub (that's what the
1" bolt is holding) You'll need to get some good penetrating oil into the
seam where the drum rests on the hub and let it do it's magic. I had the
same problem with my '76 and that did the trick, along with some 'gentle'
taps on the back of the drum with a BFH...:0)

Cheers,
Bob