Re: Help with fuel line replacement

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: Re: Help with fuel line replacement
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:55:29 -0500
Jeff McNeal asked for: Help with fuel line replacement

> In the meantime, I need a replacement fuel line.  The very short piece
that
> runs from one of the rear brake hoses to the thee-way union mounted above
> the frame.
>
> The exact part I need is pictured in the current Victoria British catalog,
> the upper right corner of page 133.  The short piece of pipe and fittings
> need are pictured between numbers 26 and 34 in the illustration.
>
> I see that on the bottom right of that page, I can order parts number
6-689
> and 6-681 to replace my busted piece.  The only thing that's troubling me
> though is how to gete both fittings that I need on the pipe if it already
> has bubble-flared ends!

I assume you really mean 'brake line' here...anyway, those pipes usually
include the correct fittings at both ends already pre-installed. They
usually come coiled up in the package and you just have to smooth them out
and bend to match the original. OTOH, you can also obtain fittings
separately and then buy pipe locally in larger quantities. Then you you can
cut to length, use your own fittings, and flare the ends (provided you have
a flaring tool. Good luck.
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /