Help with fuel line replacement

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with fuel line replacement
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:02:53 -0800
Hi all.  Tonight's installment on my web page as I document my brake system
rebuild contains a useful tale of cautionary advice for anyone changing
their rubber brake hoses. I'll be uploading the new stuff later for anyone
interested in my progress (and setback).

In the meantime, I need a replacement fuel line.  The very short piece that
runs from one of the rear brake hoses to the thee-way union mounted above
the frame.

The exact part I need is pictured in the current Victoria British catalog,
the upper right corner of page 133.  The short piece of pipe and fittings I
need are pictured between numbers 26 and 34 in the illustration.

I see that on the bottom right of that page, I can order parts number 6-689
and 6-681 to replace my busted piece.  The only thing that's troubling me
though is how to gete both fittings that I need on the pipe if it already
has bubble-flared ends!

As always -- thanks a million.

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 (that I STILL haven't been able to drive yet!)
http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/brakes.shtml