New "used" parts?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New "used" parts?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:45:33 -0800
I received a generator fan from Victoria British today, since my car is
missing one.  I was a bit taken aback by the obviously used and scratched up
appearance of the thing.  Is this SOP for Vicky Brit?  I thought I was
buying a new part -- not a used one.  Oh, some bead blasting and a new coat
of paint will make it look pretty again, but this question is bugging me.
Anyone?

I also need a woodruff key for the generator shaft, but can't seem to find
anyone that sells them.  Any thoughts?  Is that thing even really necessary
to have on the generator shaft for reasons I have not yet discovered?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego