Seat Sensor

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Sensor
From: RIBJEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:31:28 EST
 Hi all,

I have a 78 Spitfire and installed a new wiring harness (from Rimmer Bros.)
last summer.  I was very impressed with the quality of the new harness and
with the ability to be able to follow a wiring diagram and hook up everything
with the exact color and connector that the part called for.  I even hooked
up the door and seat belt buzzer which has never worked in my car.

But I could not find a home for one of the wires.  It is a Black wire with a
Blue stripe.  It starts at the seat sensor and ends at the bundle near the
starter solenoid. I'm not sure what the seat sensor is supposed to control -
some of the mid 70's cars have an ignition lock - mine does not - but I do
know that this wire needs to be hooked to something for the seat sensor to
work.

I know that I don't need this wire hooked up but it is a mystery that I would
like to solve.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire