RE: rear drum adjusters frozen

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: rear drum adjusters frozen
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:29:52 -0500

Jeff,

You should be able to use a pair of slip joint pliers and gently
rotate the adjusters. Grab on to them on the brake side and twist.

As for the lubrication, do not use lithium, use anti-seize. My
adjusters were so badly corroded that I decided to replace them
this past summer. They were on back order for about a month. The
night before they arrived, I decided to guarantee their arrival
by finally getting the old ones apart and cleaned up. I now
have a spare pair.

Doug Mitchell
mailto:dmitchel@ismi.net
mailto:dmitchel@ford.com