RE: Baby Boomers & LBCs

To: suzie_bear@hotmail.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Baby Boomers & LBCs
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:53:03 -0500
>From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
>To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Baby Boomers & LBCs
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:01:34 -0600
>
>I was sent this. Any comments?
>How about 'It takes a certain maturity to fully appreciate them' ?
>
>Suzie
>
> > But Don't They Throw Their Back Out Climbing Into The Thing?
> >
> > It used to be younger motorists who bought the majority of
> > sports cars in the United States. Not any more. A survey by
> > the Detroit-based Polk Co. finds the majority of Americans
> > purchasing sports cars are over the age of 45, with almost
> > 37 percent between the ages of 45 and 54. Another 18 percent
> > are 55 and older. Analysts say baby boomers are earning more
> > money these days and, as their kids grow up, they discover some
> > disposable income that they can spend on "toys." The top-selling
> > sports car, according to Polk, is the Ford Mustang.

I have two problems with this. First is the very broad definition
of a sports car - Mustang????

Two, I have owned my Sports Car since I was 23. Even though I now fit
into the over 45 demographic. Although I don't feel that I fit into
that age bracket (at least until I drive the Spit for a couple of
hours, then I really feel it.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
mailto:dmitchel@ismi.net