Re: parts cleaners-- worth it?

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parts cleaners-- worth it?
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:01:47 EST
Hi Frank,
I have a Harbour Freight parts washer on legs with pump AND PNEUMATIC
attachment.  If I had it to over again, I would:
1) Buy one of those inexpensive basement type laundry sinks with legs and
drain.
2) Fashion an air tight lid and drain cap for it.
3) Buy the Pneumatic bubbler and install it on the sink per instructions.

WHY?????
1) The sink would be much deeper than the PW.
2) The pump is almost useless.
3) The sink is probably cheaper and just as sturdy.
4) The key is the pneumatic bubbler--it really blasts away the grease
etc.--up to 100
    times as effective as the pump, AND there is no need for electricity,
just an air line
5) If you stay with the apparatus you wouldn't need the bubbler, just an
airgun of
    some sort.  If you want to walk away and do something else--get the
bubbler.
6) If you don't have a good air compressor, now you have justification!

Bill Brockschmidt
all bubbly in Springfield, IL