Horn Button Stuff...

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn Button Stuff...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:36:20 -0800
Hello all...

A care package arrived today from a fellow parting out a '68 Mk3 in central
California.  I purchased several items from him, including an original,
factory leather-wrapped steering wheel with horn button.

The previous owner installed an aftermarket wheel (which I will be selling)
and never got the horn to work.  There is no wiring underneath the horn
button now and I'm assuming that something is missing.  Some sort of metal
piece that the metal contact on the bottom of the horn button presses
against in order to close the circuit and make the horn beep.

Any idea specifically what I need and who might carry it?  I'll hit my big
catalogs to see what I can see...

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego