Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: GT6 front springs

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: GT6 front springs
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:54:25 -0500
Heaven know where I ran across the info...
but while studying the GT6 ( while considering purchasing one
before I bought the 3 Spitfires.)
I did learn of the real reason the US GT6 models
used the odd spring arrangement.

You have to remember the original designs were right hand drive.
On left hand drive models, the spring configuration had to be altered
to compensate for the weight of the driver and the gas tank now
being on the same side of the vehicle.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html