Project coming along!!!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Project coming along!!!
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:03:05 -0500
Well, I don't have any questions to ask of the list, just a status report.
My frame off restoration of my '79 Spit is coming along nicely and just
reached a major step.  After two weeks of heat guns, scrapers, and sand
blasters to remove the undercoating.  Then the sanding and cleaning.  I have
finally painted and clearcoated the frame,  British Racing Green (or the
resemblance that I chose).  Although not perfect, I am personally impressed.
I did not go into excruciating detail to make the frame look perfect, I
figured: most of it is not seen, the factory did not put as much time into
it as I did anyway, and the car will be a daily driver.

To me it looks well, considering I did it in my garage, with a home
compressor and a cheap spray gun that is half gummed up.  i don't think I
did too bad.  i plan on painting the car myself, in a month or so, but in
the mean time will be preparing the equipment and practicing as well as
spending much more time in preparation.

Projects for the next week are to install the new suspension and steering
that I have painstakinkly restored to new condition, including poly-urethane
bushings.  Unfortuneately I have tapped out my financial resources for the
time being and will be reinstalling the old shocks and springs that were on
the car, and are probably the original.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Patrick Bowen
Jacksonville Fl