soft and hard top bolt sizes.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: soft and hard top bolt sizes.
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:09:26 -0800
I know that this has probably been asked before but I searched the
archives and did not find an answer. Probably wrong keywords. Anyway
does anyone have a listing of the bolts washers and spacers ( hard top)
used. I asked a local source for a soft top ( ex dealer mechanic with
some in NOS in the basement or so he claims) and he said local hardware
or autoparts store.

I suspect 1/4 inch TNF. But I am not sure.  I have both a hard and a
soft top. Both in need of some work but lack any mounting hardware. I
also know that I will need long/short  bracket parts ( I can't remember
the exact name they have) for the hard top, but I'll look for a deal on
these later. Maybe on ebay or if anyone on the list knows of an
inexpensive source. Catalogues are a bit pricey on them.

Alan