Re: Bead blasting tip welcomed

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Bead blasting tip welcomed
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:59:06 PST
Jeff:

When I shopped around for media I found a very knowledgeable guy at an
industrial abrasive supply here in the Seattle area.  He convinced me that
sand (a #80 western garnet) would be best in my benchtop machine rather than
glass bead.

Unless you have an industrual quality compressor (I don't either; a 125 PSI,
4 hp unit) that will maintain a consistent pressure you have to sacrifice
time in favor of technique.  Paint, I believe, will just take longer than
rust or corrosion to remove.  The instructions that came with my machine
recommend a circular motion with the blasting tip.  It works for me.  Watch
for pitting.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500