Hard lesson -- learn from my mistakes

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard lesson -- learn from my mistakes
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:18:30 -0800
Hello all.  It is with great humility and hopes to help others that I have
documented an embarassing and what could have been potentially fatal
happenstance today.

My wheel fell off while the car was in motion.  Why?  In a nutshell, haste
combined with inexperience and a parts mistake that went unnoticed before it
was too late.

I've documented the experience in case anyone is interested in learning from
my amateur mistakes.

Yes, I feel like a horses' ass.  Yes, I'm humbled and bummed out beyond
description, but I also learned some very important lessons in the process.
More importantly, I lived to share them with you all.

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/hard_lesson.shtml

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Yeah, we still got a "thing" goin' on, but we've got a few serious issues to
work out first.