Re: Success at last!

To: "Tep735" <Tep735@email.msn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Success at last!
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:43:43 -0800
Go Frank!!

That's the difference between being a kid and the parent of a kid.  At 16, I
thought it was perfectly natural to be driving a Spitfire -- and in many
ways, it made a lot more sense then, than it does for me to be driving one
now at 40.  I have so much more to lose these days...  But the thought of
having my 16 year old drive my car gives me shivers.  As a parent, I simply
can't ignore that my LBC is lighter, smaller and more dangerous to drive
then 95% of the cars I encounter on the road.

Then again, that's what my life insurance is for.  However, if my
inexperienced driver kid got maimed or worse, I'm not so sure that I could
ever forgive myself -- unless perhaps he stole the car from me and was
driving without my permission.

Strange...  Making that transition from kid to parent...  It just sorta
sneaks up on ya...

Just be sure to hang onto your Spitfire, Frank.  Don't make the same mistake
I did!

Good luck and don't forget to wear the seatbelt!

Jeff in San Diego
'67 Spitfire Mk3