Re: Beating a Dead Horse

To: spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beating a Dead Horse
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:22:04 -0600
Actually I believe that .87 G quote came from Road and Track or Car and
Driver. When showroom stock was introduced they tested all the cars in
racing trim, so this would have included showrrom stock legal tires at
the time. Since I am not old enough to know what this would have been,
I'm assuming it would have been like a DOT legal race tire of today. So
this tire may have been similar to todays performance street tires that
come on the cars you mentioned. Or maybe I'm all wrong.
BTW I used the .87 G quote to tell my mom I'd be able to manuever out of
an accident, so the spit was just as safe as a big car that can't get
out of its own way.

Chris Pappathopoulos
'74 Spitfire 1500
'76 TR7