Re: HEADERS

To: Tburke4@aol.com
Subject: Re: HEADERS
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:32:12 -0700
I haven't studied the head port configuration on the 1147 engine to
compare it to the later heads.  But since the engines are larger, it
would stand to reason that the configuration of the headers would need
to be somewhat different.  Then you get into the question of how the car
is to be used.  The design of a header that is for racing in the 6000 to
8000 rpm range would be different from a car that is designed for street
use and around 4000 rpm.  There are just too many variables to make any
firm pronouncements of what is "Best"  Longer pipes present different
challenges with clearance!

Regards,
Joe

Tburke4@aol.com wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Wouldn't the 4-2-1 design used on the early Spits be a pattern for these,
> both in terms of segment lengths and clearances?
>
> Tom Burke
>
> In a message dated 03/08/2000 3:07:26 AM !!!First Boot!!!, spitlist@gte.net
> writes:
>
> << There are various schools of thought regarding perfectly matched
>  lengths.  Some say a slightly different pattern of lengths helps one
>  cylinder scavenge the exhaust gasses from adjacent pipes.  That's why I
>  won't be offering any complete headers (only Flanges).
>
>  Regards,
>  Joe
>   >>

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer