Re: Tense driving lately

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tense driving lately
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 05:36:40 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,
Waaay back when, SCCA used to require both passenger
and driver seats in cars used for driver's school.
This, so that the instructor could 'take the student
for a ride', to familiarize them with how a racecar
should be properly driven. My instructor was Hurley
Heywood, and I still remember that ride. We were using
the infield portion of the Daytona course. Up to that
point, I had no idea that a car could be made to go
around a corner at such speeds (and slip angles).

But it was nothing compared to riding with my teenage
son on our first outing.

So I feel for you, buddy! (It does get better, if you
survive)

Carter

--- Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com> wrote:

> It's been a real strange three days of driving.
> ... Then, this
> evening, I let my 15-year-old son drive me around in
> our 12-year-old Maxima ...

Do You Yahoo!?