Re: Brake m/c "tipping valve nut"

To: dhl@chelseamsl.com
Subject: Re: Brake m/c "tipping valve nut"
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:29:47 PST
Donald:

Thanks for the tip.  I found a 1/2" allen wrench at my neighborhood hardware
store for $2.99 (the place has a fantastic assortment of nuts, bolt, and
screws and has been a Godsend in working on the Spit).

I put the dual m/c in my vise and, while holding down on the valve end of
the allen wrench, gave the wrench a whack with a hammer to loosen the nut.
The nut is torqued to 35-40 lbs. so it's on pretty solid.  The nut loosened
and I'm now cleaning all the parts before reassembly with a rebuild kit.

Fortunately, I  procrastinated on installing the new carpet kit in  the
Spit.  I'm very motivated to complete that task now.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle