Re: Help on differential

To: mhorn1@juno.com
Subject: Re: Help on differential
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:03:23 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 mhorn1@juno.com wrote:

>  Hello all spitsters .  I have installed a differential 3.63:1 I ordered
> from Rimmer.  The differential and new spring are installed in 66 Mk-2.
> Now I am trying to mate the outer drive shaft to the differential.  My
> problem is that the two flanges do not match up.  The bolt holes are 1/8
> inch different. They do not line up. Do you have any ideas how I might
> solve this problem?

All you'll need to do is change the flange on your driveshaft. U-joints
are the same regardless, so you need a flange from a 1971 or later
Spitfire driveshaft OR axle shaft (same piece). I'll bet someone on the
list has one lying about (I'd offer, but I don't happen to have one right
now). As I recall, a flange from most any GT6 driveshaft or axle shaft
would also work.

--Andy