Re: Help on differential

To: mhorn1@juno.com
Subject: Re: Help on differential
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 11:07:54 -0700
Mark,
You obviously have the diff from a GT6 or late Spit Application.

It is as easy as obtaining a mating drive shaft flange from one of those
vehicles.

Interestingly, all the flanges on the particular vehicles are all
matched (Axle flanges, Pinion flange and transmission output flange.
Early cars have the smaller ones, later cars and GT6's have the larger
ones.  THey are interchangeable on their particular part and all use the
same U-Joints.

If you can't find the proper flange locally, I can sell you one for $10
plus shipping.

Regards,
Joe

mhorn1@juno.com wrote:

>  Hello all spitsters .  I have installed a differential 3.63:1 I ordered
> from Rimmer.  The differential and new spring are installed in 66 Mk-2.
> Now I am trying to mate the outer drive shaft to the differential.  My
> problem is that the two flanges do not match up.  The bolt holes are 1/8
> inch different. They do not line up. Do you have any ideas how I might
> solve this problem?
> Mark Hornick
> Virginia    66 MK-2    "Midnight"

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer