Re: Small clock to match Spit gauges?

To: krhodes1@maine.rr.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Small clock to match Spit gauges?
From: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:27:36 PST

------=_NextPart_000_1ec6c99e_61a3d7ef$5560d8e6

Here is picture of my dash and short explanation of what I did.  Now I have
smith: oil, amp, gas, and temp gauges.  Also I have a VDO vacuum gauge.

You could place the clock in the center dash veneer piece or in the right
side.

INTERIOR TOUCHES

I rebuilt all the Smith instrumentation gauges. I also decided to add Smith
oil and amp gauges, and a VDO vacuum gauge. I made a new dash from solid
Honduras mahogany to match the wooden LeCarra steering wheel. Before making
the new dash, we decided to relocate the head light and hazard switches. I
used MG directional indicators since the MG used two green arrows indicating
left and right rather than the one round green light on the Spitfire that
merely tells you the switch is on. Now you know which directional is on plus
the MG arrows look much classier. The electronic tachometer and speedometer
are out of a 1968 MGC that came with a factory 6-cylinder engine. The gauges
are smaller in diameter than the original Spitfire's and look better (see
photo 11). Also the MGC tachometer is labeled for a 6-cylinder engine. The
tachometer still needs to be rewired so it can be used with the HEI ignition
system. The stereo system consists of a Blauplunk AM/FM cassette player, a
Blauplunk 10 Compact Disc Player, a Jensen 100 amp amplifier and Jensen
Speakers.

Dayton