More about my fuel pump

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: More about my fuel pump
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:18:42 -0500
Thanks for the info Joe,

I just took the car out on it's maiden voyage after installing the electric
fuel pump, and twice it started to cut-out on me (10 miles or so).

I wired the pump off of the ignition going to the coil. With the car
running, I'm only getting 9 volts off of the line.

I've noticed that the coil receives 12 volts with the distributor return
wire unattached (dizzy to the neg coil lead) and the ignition on. With the
dizzy wire attached to the neg coil side and the ignition on (the car still
not running) I get 6 volts from the hot lead. Finally with the car running,
I get 9 volts off of the ignition. Does this sound right?

Lasty is there a better place to tap into the ignition?

-Terry (with a bad case of allergy attack) Thompson
Maryland
'76 Spitfire w/older points type dizzy.