Re: Speedometer on a 78 Spitfire not working

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedometer on a 78 Spitfire not working
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:54:11 EST
In a message dated 3/26/00 9:37:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
m.chmura@umassp.edu writes:

> And if it is, can I use the tach to get an idea of how fast I'm really
>  going.   For instance, if the tach read 3000rpm - am I going 60 mph?
>  This car doesn't have OD.

Assuming that this is a North American version with the 3.89 rear, the
sweep of the tach and speedo are almost identical in fourth gear.  That
is, when the tach is pointing straight up at 3500 RPMs, the speedo
(assuming it's working) would be also be pointing straight up at 60mph.
HTH

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire too