Re: Commercial on TX TV last night

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: Re: Commercial on TX TV last night
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:34:32 -0700
> Yeah, I know it's a stretch.  Besides, it wouldn't be the same.

I shudder to think of what they'd come up with-though the new Mini retains
the spirit of the original-and the Jag F-Type certainly has the spirit of
the old Jags...

> There was a drawing of a new concept TR model in a magazine about a year
> ago, however.  I don't know if the Triumph name has enough recognition in
> the US to entice a resurrection here.  After all, people ask me "Is that
an
> MG?"

I felt heartened last night at the gas station-a kid in his late twenties (I
must be getting old!) called over to me, "Beautiful Triumph, lady!" I said
thanks for recognizing it for a Triumph and not an MG. He replied, "How
could anyone mistake a Triumph for an MG! The Triumphs were so much nicer
and had a more beautiful line! The MGs were bulbous little things!" He was
driving a vintage VW bus-pretty good condition. He told me he'd always
wanted a Triumph-but thought they were too expensive for him-all he could
afford was the bus. Oh, and he told me that the Triumph would be a good
reliable car! Serious!

Laura

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!