1980 Spit 1500 fan probs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980 Spit 1500 fan probs
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:29:32 -0400
My son's Spit is slowly becoming roadworthy, and a number of the Lucas
gremlins are disappearing (temp gauge and lights!), but the electric fan is
still a problem.

The fan is fed via a double shrouded bullet connector, and it is live all
the time the ingition is on (so if I hook up the harness, the fan runs all
the time).  Can anyone explain the wiring logic (not sure if one can use
that term for Lucas electrics ...) of the fan and its control system?  I am
guessing that the the sensor on the top of the rad might have something to
do with it, but without a wiring diagram, I am not sure where to look/check.

We do have the Haynes manual with the 1500 supplement, but it doesn't show
a wiring diag. for an electric fan (doesn't show the fan at all!) ...

TIA,

Tony Gordon
72 TR6 (mine)
80 Spit (son's)