Filling a hole

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Filling a hole
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 15:27:40 -0700
Hello all.  Got a dash hole to fill.  Directly below the dash cover, above
the driver's side parcel tray.  The PO installed an ugly paddle switch to
work the back-up lights, because when he swapped the transmission, he didn't
keep the original cover (with the back-up switch!!).  Well, that's all been
remedied and the switch is gone.  In it's place is a rather ragged looking
hole about the width of my thumb.  Rather than try to patch it and bodge it
further, I'm trying to think of something ingenious to do with that hole and
I'm looking for some suggestions.  My first inclination is to locate a
round, chrome license plate light fixture -- not off a spit or anything --
but you know what I mean, dontcha?  It would illuminate the parcel tray and
floor on the driver's side. I suppose it could be rigged up as a makeshift
"courtesy" light.  The other option would be to install a later spit-style
map light there, but to be candid, I think it might look a little out of
place and take up too much room there.  Any other neat-o suggestions?

TIA

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!