Re: 1296 engines

To: MikeC <mikech@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: 1296 engines
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:30:39 -0700
I guess it depends on who you ask.  I'd say that the early ones are better for
two reasons:

1. The later ones (according to Kas Kastner) were redesigned by MG engineers
after the merger with BMC.
2. The earlier ones have smaller main bearings and therefore less drag on the
crank.

Of course, some may determine that #2 is actually a benefit for the later
engines because they ought to last longer.  ANd if that is
so, I guess that #1 would also be a positive!!!

Like I said, it depends on who you ask!

Joe