No Subject

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: No Subject
From: JeffreyLos@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 00:09:06 EDT
Spitlisters: I stumped. And perplexed. I can not get the oil drain plug out
of the oil pan. It is somewhat stripped but I have still been able to get so
much torque on it I'm afraid I will crease the oil pan. I've tried liquid
wrench and every tool I can think of. I've put a wrench on it and hammered it
with a pipe from above. I've talked to it, swore at it, and still nothing.
The PO put this thing in and he was a much better mechanic than I am, so I
don't think he crossthreaded it. Any ideas are welcome. Can't change the oil
until I get this thing off. Tell me I don't have to take the oil pan off with
the oil still in it.

Jeff
(72 Spitfire)