Midget vs. Spitfire I've owned both... so my choice?

To: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget vs. Spitfire I've owned both... so my choice?
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:48:51 -0400
I've owned at least 10 of each over the years.
'68-'75 Midgets, and '70-'80 Spitfires

The Spit is definitely sexier and you get more complements
regarding it's styling. It bounces and floats totally differently than
a Midget.

The Midget is more fun. It's small and lighter. It can be ( ha ha should
be!)
driven like a street legal 'go-kart'  It'll do almost anything you tell it
to do.

The Spitfire is less solid feeling on the road, due mostly to it's
body on chassis construction, vs. the uni-body 'tub' construction of the
Midget.

The Midget is much more forgiving as far as handling is concerned.

The Spitfire seats (at least the late models) suck as far as back support is
concerned.

Women think the Midget is adorable Men think the Spitfire is sleek, slightly
classy.

The Midget non-sync 1st is a pain. ...well for that fact the whole box is
noisy, but they
are very tight and you can bang them a bit.

The elec. O/D won't fit in a Midget, I love the O/D in the Spit!

.... I could go on and on....  so my choice?        :-)  more than one of
each!

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net     www.teglerizer.com