Re: GT6 MK1 numbers

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>,
Subject: Re: GT6 MK1 numbers
From: JM Dion <dion.longpre@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 10:14:07 -0400
Fred

I have exactly the same prefix # on my Spitfire. It is a MKII 1967. I have
done a bit of research on that and it seems that prefix 7 was stamped here
in Canada. That 7 on the commission number is not the same format in fact it
is bigger. I have asked BMIHT and they don't know anything about it. The
part that I am not sure is that prefix 7 could represent the year. I would
like to compare with a Canadian 1966 Spitfire but I didn't have that chance.
Also I don't know when they stopped doing it.

Jean-Marc Dion
Spit MK II 1967
Quebec Canada