Spitfire frame drawing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire frame drawing
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:52:07 -0700
I've just completed the Pro-E (version 20001) 3-D model of the Spitfire
frame.  It's quick and dirty, probably has a few errors but for the most
part is a pretty accurate model of the frame.  Almost everything is there,
(including the rear bridge assy which was a real pain to model as one
feature and really shouldn't have been done the way I did it, but hey, it
works).   The suspension mounting turrets aren't in the model, which are
bolt on assemblies anyway, and the bonnet hinge mounting fixtures which are
different for the various MK's aren't there.  Pretty much looks like the
lower picture on page 42 (chassis components)of the current Vicky British
catalog.  As I mentioned it's all one big feature and as such it is quite a
large file.  Around 3.4 megs, approx. 1.6 megs zipped.  So if anybody wants
a copy and can handle the download let me know Remember, this is a Pro-E
solid model, not a drawing as such.  I can convert to IGES if you can
handle that type but file size would likely increase -

Just for info, I also have a Pro-E model of the American racing 13 inch
"Libre" style wheel as well (gotta fill my lunch time with something).
That's about 1.8 megs in size.  Who knows someone could . . .um. .
.accidently cast a bunch from the model :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)